Dividends To Your Health
One of the most important investments you can make in yourself is your regular fitness program. Yes, you may start your fitness program to lose weight. Along the way, you’ll discover that becoming more fit pays major health dividends for you. Along your journey to achieve your fitness goals, you’ll lose weight and tone your body. Additional dividends you’ll reap are:
1. You’ll live longer.
2. You’ll have a lower risk of heart disease and stroke, and you’ll be less likely to have high blood pressure.
3. The less active you are, the higher your risk of Type 2 Diabetes. If you already have Type 2 Diabetes, exercise can lower your blood sugar levels. Also, by losing weight, you’ll also enjoy additional positive benefits to your blood sugar levels.
4. Moderate exercise helps reduce joint swelling and pain, along with improving mobility for those with arthritis.
5. By increasing your activity, you lower your risk of colon cancer and many other cancers.
6. Strength training helps counteract the effects of bone loss from osteoporosis.
7. Exercise makes you more physically fit. You’ll be able to perform routine daily activities easier and without as much effort. You’ll be able to carry more groceries, clean house, and move effortlessly.
8. Exercise is the perfect way to get calm and stay calm. As a result, active people are less depressed, enjoy higher self-esteem, and an overall feeling of confidence and well-being.
9. Exercise can be fun! Many of the activities you did just for play as a child also count as exercise. Go play!
Does the word “exercise” cause negative feelings or drudgery? Try this instead….think about dancing in the kitchen while you make dinner, walking your dog, taking a bike ride with your children, gardening, a set of tennis or a round of golf. Sound like fun? You’re ready to get an enthusiastic start for your fun program of fitness.
Believe In Yourself,