Do you perform abdominal crunches correctly? Ask your trainer or knowledgeable friend to check out your crunch form. Here are some crunch “how to” items to keep in mind:
* Keep your lower back pressed firmly against the floor through the entire exercise.
* Keep your neck and head in a neutral position. Do not bend your neck forward as you crunch upward. To keep your neck stable, imagine you are gripping a grapefruit between your chin and upper chest.
* If you clasp your hands behind your head, don’t move your elbows inward as you crunch. If you are a beginning cruncher, you may find it easier to keep your arms straight at your sides or folded across your chest.
* Focus on tightening the top section of your abdominal muscles to perform the crunch.
* Strive to lift your shoulder blades off the floor. You are NOT looking for a big, dramatic motion. A slight lift rather than a jerky upward motion is your goal.
Feeling the tightening of your abdominal muscles is a great feeling!
Believe In Yourself,