Weight Loss Purpose Statement-Part 2.
Creating my own Weight Loss Purpose Statement has been a very interesting process. Yesterday when I posted the words and phrases that describe how I feel when I am off track and not making the best choices, it was difficult. I kept adding to the list yesterday as more things came to mind. Today as I review the post and list, ICK! Why in the world would anyone want to feel and experience any of those things I put on the list?? Yet, from time to time, I do. I think this is more of a reason to create a Weight Loss Purpose Statement. When I’m eyeball to eyeball with the the fridge or driving by Krispy Kreme, I can say my Weight Loss Purpose Statement to remind me and bring me back to staying on track.
For today, I am going to list the feelings and experiences I have when I am on track with clean eating and exercise. I tell you, I have been looking forward to making this list. A lot better than the one from yesterday. However, the list yesterday was very important so I can review it as a reminder of what I will feel and don’t want to feel just for the temporary, fleeting food fix.
How I feel when I am on track:
* Strong (inside and out)
* In control (rather than food choices controlling me)
* More than any emotions or situation that can occur
* In charge
* Rock solid
* Present in my life
* Much better mood
* Think clearer
* More able to deal with emotions and situations that arise in a healthy way
* Rather than tunnel vision of what I will eat next, I expand myself to enjoy the big and little things such as enjoying my dog sitting on my lap
* Loving and accepting of myself
* Interested and excited about myself, my life and my day
* Blinders on in that I am looking ahead, full steam rather than distracted by food and my next fix
* Connected to myself and others
* Happy and content
* Growing inside
* Living in “zoom out” mode to include my interests and passions rather than “zoom in” with single focus on food (what I want to eat next)
* Steady and firm
* Positive, optimistic and able to handle whatever comes my way
* Things will happen outside of me but it is up to me how I react and handle and also up to me what I put in my mouth!
I want to get this posted but I am going to add to it throughout the next few days. This piece of my Weight Loss Purpose Statement is so important that I want to give it considerable thought.
If you have any comments or additions you would like to share, please do. Like I said before, I’m winging this and any input you have is greatly appreciated.
Believe In Yourself,
Cathy, ACC-ICF, CLC
Certified Life Coach, Weight Loss Surgery Coach
Certified Back On Track Facilitator